Denis Forkas Kostromitin, Manifestation of Azrael
Blood Lake in Texas - The blood red color is a result of Chromatiaceae bacteria which turn red in oxygen deprived water.
Celestial Bonds - Size S
seeing red — the appearance of the color red in my work seems to be cyclical, often coinciding with the shifting of seasons from summer to fall (something I’ve only noticed after using tumblr for a few years and tracking my work chronologically) My affinity for works that employ red however does not wax and wain with the changing seasons— these are some of my favorites from my archives.
- Lothar Baumgarten — I Prefer it There Better than in Westphalia, ELDORADO
- Arne Quinze — a Metal Wind Installation
- Cristopher Cichocki — Land Spore (Desert Reserve)
- Hiroshi Senju — Falling Color
- Anish Kapoor — gouache on paper
- Gerhard Richter — Self-portrait, Three Times, Standing (15.3.1991 & 16.3.1991)
- Wolfgang Laib — Reishaus, 2008
- David Altmejd — La gorge, 2012
- Philipp Schaerer — BILDBAU No 02 / 2007
+ more red from my archives